The Corporate Insurance and Risk Manager will assist in the strategic development and embedding of risk management across the organization in support of agreed policies while ensuring continuous improvement. The Corporate Insurance and Risk Manager will also have primary responsibility for assessing and identifying the potential risks that may hinder the reputation, safety, security and financial prosperity of the company. The Corporate Insurance and Risk Manager will report directly to the Vice President, Corporate Treasurer & Investor Relations.
· Responsible for insurance management and liaison with insurance brokers to ensure appropriate coverage for organizational risks as well as analyze, assess, and recommend improvements for organizational risks for all business segments.
· Manage NN, Inc.’s insurance portfolio using the principles of soundly based risk management.
· Leads the collection process for aggregating the exposure data to be submitted for insurance renewals. Partner with all segments and corporate to collect and validate underwriting information, complete renewal applications and assist in preparation of underwriting presentations in support of insurance program renewals.
· Coordinate and attend loss control visits internally and with insurers, and follow-up to ensure a timely reply to any loss control recommendations that may be made as a result of the visits.
· Identify and communicate risk management issues to Segment Management and Corporate Management as appropriate.
· Implement a business continuity plan at each location using best practices that will ensure NN, Inc.’s success in lieu of operational and/or unexpected risk exposures.
· Proactively visit NN, Inc. plant sites, make recommendations and document improvements to be made to reduce insurance premiums.
· Responsible for all aspects of the corporate claims process for all lines and acts as liaison between NN, Inc. and broker in claims communication as well as investigate, document, and positively affect NN, Inc.’s accident, liability, and property damage incidents.
· Responsible for managing the internal and external requests for certificates of insurance, letters of credit and auto ID cards.
· Manages organization of the Corporate Insurance and Risk Management Share Point website.
· Regularly present Risk Management progress to Executive Team.
· Record Retention - maintains logs and files of insurance related documents including correspondence, policies, endorsements and binders and ensure NN, Inc.’s insurance information (drivers list, locations, product lines, etc.) is kept current.
· Bachelor’s Degree in applicable discipline (Risk Management, Industrial Management, Safety Management,
Environmental/Health/Safety Management, Business, etc.)
· Minimum of seven years’ experience in Corporate Risk Management, Insurance or as a broker
· Must be able to travel (both domestic and international) up to 75% of the time
· Experience in environmental/health/safety and effective leadership experience in manufacturing
· Experience of risk management in private/public sector
· Highly protected risk experience for property
· Working toward or obtained designations such as CSP (Certified Safety Professional), ARM (Associate of Risk Management), CFPS (Certified Fire Protection Specialist), NFPA Certifications, CBCP (Certified Business Continuity Planner)
· Knowledge of insurance principles and practices
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently or with a team
· Ability to clearly present ideas and summarize complex issues, both in writing and verbally
· Desire for continuous professional development through experience and continuing education
· Desire to build relationships with others within the organization to facilitate increased communication and opportunity for adding value
· Proficient in standard Microsoft applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
CSP (Certified Safety Professional), ARM (Associate of Risk Management), CFPS (Certified Fire Protection Specialist), NFPA Certifications, CBCP (Certified Business Continuity Planner), preferred.
If you are interested in a rewarding career with opportunities for growth and advancement, we invite you to submit your résumé for consideration. NN, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package, including:
· Medical and dental insurance
· Employer-paid life insurance
· Voluntary vision insurance and other ancillary coverage options
· 401(k) plan with company match
· Paid vacation and holidays