The Tax Director is a key member of the finance leadership team and reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer. This position will serve as a strategic business partner within NN’s Senior Management Team. The Tax Director will provide strategic tax advice, make tax decisions, hold responsibility for all tax operations and partner with all aspects of the business, including, Finance, Operations and legal. The Tax Director will optimize NN’s tax profile and counsel and apprise senior management of tax issues, planning and structuring opportunities, and transactions. The Tax Director will supervise, mentor and develop staff to sustain an intellectually challenging and respectful work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Direct all activities related to the tax function; coordinate tax accounting and tax portion of external reporting for all operations
- Review and analyze current tax structure; identify risks and develop mitigation plans
- Advise senior management in the area of tax planning and organization of NN subsidiaries for maximum tax efficiency and to achieve strategic initiatives
- Prepare/Review annual US, state, and international tax returns.
- Review the tax provision preparation at NN, Inc.’s international locations. Review provisions for completeness and accuracy.
- Research technical tax issues (domestic and international), including treaty law for tax compliance and accounting aspects. Formulate conclusions and work with NN Senior management to implement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or a related field. Master’s degree in Taxation, MBA or JD preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a global publicly-traded corporation, international accounting firm, or law firm (with primary client responsibility)
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing and directing a team of tax professionals
- Certified Public Accountant certification preferred
- ASC 740 and public company reporting experience
- International tax experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- In depth knowledge of US Tax Code and application of the Code in a corporate setting with a view to maximize tax efficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams and the Company. Proficient in standard Microsoft Office applications (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Certified Public Accountant or Masters’ degree in Tax required
If you are interested in a great career with opportunities for growth and advancement, we invite you to submit your résumé for consideration. NN, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance and other ancillary coverage options
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and holidays