The Corporate Finance Accountant is responsible for performing the monthly close procedures for the Corporate Finance Division while ensuring proper accounting treatment and key controls are effectively maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP). The role engages in financial analysis within the Corporate Finance Division through recording, reconciliation, asset tracking and operational performance analysis for the Corporate division. The Corporate Finance Accountant reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Perform monthly close procedures for the Corporate entity and prepare reporting for consolidation including P&L, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows.
- Support internal and external reporting in the preparation of periodic, quarterly and annual reports
- Work directly with external and internal audit to communicate and explain the Corporate functions and respond to questions and/or concerns
- Assists with project assignments and financial reporting as well as providing support to shared services with regards to all Intercompany related functions
- Performs asset tracking and reconciliations
- Assign GL codes and ensure journal entries are updated into QAD
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to optimize the financial close process. These projects include information systems improvements as well as creating efficiencies with manual processes.
- Work on specialized projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 2-5 years’ experience in finance or accounting, with a strong background in corporate accounting
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements and financial statement analysis, including an ability to analyze cash flow and the impact on the financial statements
- Ability and willingness to travel to domestic and international NN locations, as needed
- Familiarity with ERP
- Master’s in Business Administration, or similar advanced degree
- Designation as a Certified Public Accountant
- Knowledge of accounting policies and procedures including GAAP, FASB and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to communicate and negotiate with a variety of internal and external constituencies
- Strong managerial, planning, organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, analytical, and lateral thinking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to clearly present recommendations/ideas and to summarize complex issues
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential material