The Consolidation & Reporting Supervisor will be a core member of the team responsible for implementing OneStream, a global consolidation system for the company. This will include providing input on the design and functionality of the system to ensure it provides the desired functionality and management reporting in an efficient manner.
The Consolidation & Reporting Supervisor will be responsible for the worldwide consolidation and financial reporting of the company. This includes managing the corporate consolidation financial process, intercompany process, preparing timely consolidated financial statements, providing the analysis for consolidated financial statements, and working with the team to develop and maintain effective internal controls. This will require working closely with the Division and Corporate Finance functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the consolidation process including the recording of consolidating entries, reconciliation of intercompany and investment in subsidiary and other related transactions. Provide consolidated results in accordance with financial close calendar deadlines.
- Manage the consolidation of division and corporate forecasts and budgets, including data load and reporting requirements, and ensure consolidated results are provided by all applicable deadlines.
- Responsible for validating system interfaces and troubleshooting consolidation general ledger issues
- Manage system change requests process through clear communication and work with IT resources to facilitate resolutions on close and reporting related issues
- Identify and implement process improvements as part of continuous improvement initiatives
- Assist with quarterly reviews and annual audits conducted by external auditors
- Undertake and manage special projects and other reporting needs as required
- Assist in preparation of quarterly SEC financial reporting, including cashflow statements, footnotes and disclosures
- Maintaining the integrity of the global chart of accounts and related cross mapping to legacy ERPs
- Demonstrate and maintain a positive customer service focus to both internal and external customers
- Ensure SOX compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, maintaining updated documentation and providing recommendations as appropriate
A qualified candidate will also have strong communication and critical-thinking skills, and the ability to work cross-functionally with various levels of personnel across the organization.
This person must be able to work comfortably in a fast paced, unpredictable environment where changing priorities may occur frequently based on operational needs
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related degree
- Strong understanding and application of GAAP and SEC/financial reporting requirements including financial statements and financial statement footnotes
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience including experience working in industry and familiarity with areas of consolidation, intercompany transactions, account reconciliations, multi-currency consolidations, and financial reporting
- Solid understanding of general ledger systems and foreign currency translation
- Public accounting / audit experience with a CPA certificate preferred
- OneStream experience strongly preferred. Experience with HFM / Oracle or other multi-national consolidation software solutions preferred.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand issues, demonstrate resourcefulness and pro-actively resolve problems and manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and effectively meet deadlines.
- Excellent planning and problem solving skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and limited resource environment.
- Strong communication skills including providing guidance to international teams, drafting accounting memos and explaining areas of responsibility to internal and external audit teams.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.