NN, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Controller to join our team at our Dayton, OH facility!
This position is an integral part of the Life Sciences Finance Team and reports directly to the Controller. This is an exciting time of growth and change for the Life Sciences Group, and we are looking for a self-motivated team player who is driven by a passion to make a significant impact on our business operations and enhance value for our customers and stakeholders.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for directing the accounting functions of multiple plants. These functions include establishing and maintaining the plant’s accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives, including compliance with all corporate directives concerning Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Prepares financial reports and the supporting documentation required for analysis of the monthly results and presents findings and recommendations to top management. Coordinate the preparation of the monthly financial statements. Prepare the monthly review of the financial statements. Assist plant management in understanding financial results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Close monthly general ledger and prepare monthly financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flows for inclusion in Division consolidations.
- Analyze month-end financial statements, including the preparation of standard schedules used in analyzing the monthly financial activity.
- Prepare a portion of the recurring monthly general ledger journal entries.
- Prepare and explain monthly financial information for plant management.
- Review general ledger accounts and account reconciliations.
- Assist in annual budgeting process.
- Evaluate and review inventory costing standards.
- Supervise compilation of month-end inventory and investigate material cycle counts.
- Assist in coordination of year-end audit by external auditors.
- Maintain a system of internal accounting control that complies with corporate directives concerning Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Manage and develop direct and indirect staff.
- Special projects and / or other duties as assigned.
The position is responsible for direct management of accounting department staff employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related curriculum.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ plus relevant experience in reporting and financial planning/analysis.
- Some travel (both domestic and international) will be required.
- CPA, CMA, MBA or Masters’ of Accounting.
- Extensive experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with cost accounting, product line profitability, and variance analysis.
- Knowledge of accounting policies and procedures including GAAP, FASB and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Experience with large-scale ERP’s (BAAN, QAD MFG PRO preferred) and reporting tools.
- Excellent data mining and analysis skills; ability to collect, interpret and analyze data, and present logical conclusions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
NN, Inc., a diversified industrial company, combines advanced engineering and production capabilities with in-depth materials science expertise to design and manufacture high-precision components and assemblies for a variety of markets globally. NN has 36 facilities in North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America and China.
NN, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance and other ancillary plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid vacation and holidays