NN, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Sr. Human Resources Generalist to join our fast-growing Life Sciences Group!
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven self-starter to help shape the people culture by designing and implementing innovative approaches to attracting, training, developing and engaging employees. The Sr. HR Generalist serves as a key member of and business partner to the site leadership team and reports directly to the Plant Manager and functionally to the Vice President of Human Resources for NN Life Sciences. This role will be based out of our Aurora, IL facility.
The Sr. HR Generalist position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Responsible for deploying HR policies, practices and programs to manage talent, drive culture, and align the organization at the site level:
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Implement and support company policies and programs such as performance management, benefits administration, training and compliance with company policies.
- Responsible for recruiting and on-boarding of new employees including scheduling and orientation.
- Acts as an employee champion and change agent.
- Coordinates the management of disability claims, leaves of absence, and workers’ compensation claims.
- Works closely with facility management and employees to engage employees and enhance retention.
- Handles employee relations, including, investigations, counseling, disciplinary action, and other recommendations for resolution. Initiates steps and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Supports Payroll and Benefits Administration at the site level.
- Maintains employee personnel files in accordance with relevant local, state and federal laws.
- Maintains and completes required OSHA reporting and workers’ compensation administration as related to workplace injuries. Promptly reviews all reports of employee accidents/occupational illnesses and oversees claims with the third-party administrator.
- Provides guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for site and individual coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Supports other projects and objectives as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in an HR Generalist role, focused on recruitment and employee relations.
- Thorough understanding of principles and practices of human resource administration, including compliance with federal and state employment law/regulations.
- Experience with HRIS systems and payroll systems (ADP preferred).
- PHR, SPHR or GPHR designation (or similar certification).
- Experience in medical device or manufacturing industries.
- The ability to influence across all levels of the organization, exercising professionalism to accomplish objectives, present recommendations and summarize complex issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, such as compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and learning and development.
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential material.
NN, Inc., a diversified industrial company, combines advanced engineering and production capabilities with in-depth materials science expertise to design and manufacture high-precision components and assemblies for a variety of markets globally. NN has 36 facilities in North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America and China.
NN, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance and other ancillary plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid vacation and holidays