NN, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team at our Taunton, MA facility!
This position is an integral part of the Plant Engineering Team and reports directly to the Manufacturing Engineer. This is an exciting time of growth and change for the Power Solutions Group, and we are looking for a self-motivated team player who is driven by a passion to make a significant impact on our business operations and enhance value for our customers and stakeholders.
Evaluate, select and apply engineering techniques in the design and development of assembly equipment, inspection fixtures, medical device assemblies and other manufactured products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Develop and execute engineering tests and qualification protocols on a component/finished device level.
- Perform analysis of test and inspection results using statistical software.
- Conduct Design of Experiments (DOE’s), capability indices and hypothesis testing.
- Applies sound engineering judgment to problems, which may include conflicting design objectives.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates, arranges, and tracks all phases of projects to ensure on-time completion within budget.
- Assumes technical ownership of projects.
- Detailed problem solving and continuous improvements to facilitate fast changes while maintaining working relationships.
- Estimates schedules, project cost and budget. Coordinates outside suppliers and services as needed to accomplish projects.
- Represents mechanical engineering on cross-functional teams and to the customer.
- Performs any and all tasks as required to meet and exceed NN Power Solutions commitments. Supports on-going production to assure on-time delivery and company profitability.
- Ensures compliance with the organization standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, on-time delivery.
Engineer has Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in mechanical engineering or equivalent and a minimum of 1 year experience in mechanical engineering.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment.
- Detailed knowledge of principles and practices of mechanical engineering and design
- Ability to think ahead.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to creatively conceptualize, plan, design and implement all equipment and processes required to efficiently manufacture precision components and assemblies in a high-volume environment.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with vendors, customers and associates.
- Effective project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Quality orientation.
- Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI and related safety regulations.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and SOLIDWORKS.
NN, Inc., a diversified industrial company, combines advanced engineering and production capabilities with in-depth materials science expertise to design and manufacture high-precision components and assemblies for a variety of markets globally. NN has 36 facilities in North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America and China.
NN, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance and other ancillary plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid vacation and holidays