NN, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced CNC Programming Technology Analyst, to join our fast-growing Life Sciences Group! This role will be based at our new corporate headquarters located in Charlotte, North Carolina and report directly to the Programming Technology Coordinator. This role will require a minimal of 50% domestic and international travel with some trips being for an extended period of time.
Assists with implementing and maintaining a standard way of performing programming or engineering activities across all facilities by using ideas like a standard template for files and folders, a standard post processing method, a standard print template, and a standard way to deploy these items to all users. Look out for ways to improve and/or add to the current standards by working closely with other departments and keeping in mind the goal of developing a better standard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with creating and maintaining the programming directory structure at all locations which includes: CNC programs, setup sheets, documentation, jigs and fixtures. Maintain the integrity of CNC programs and the DNC file system.
- Assists with training junior programmers on processes and applications at all domestic locations.
- Assists with identifying programming problems and inform programmers about post processors and how to tailor programs to specific machines and software. Emphasis should be that programs are written on post processers with only very minor editing on machines. Post processor must then be updated to reflect final changes.
- Travel approximately 50% of the time to all locations potentially for extended periods of time.
- Help identify best practices and deploy at all locations.
- Write and/or edit work instructions for all programming processes for all locations.
- Potentially work with outside vendors to facilitate programming needs.
- Help identify excessive cost, methods for cost reductions, and help implement identified cost reductions.
- Assist other departments with identifying problems with the ability to learn their job and offer new ideas.
- Ability to learn new software and potentially adapt it to improve the standards, if appropriate.
- Communicate and work effectively with programmers, all levels of production and management staff at all locations.
- Assist systems designers, hardware specialists and software specialists with the introduction of new technologies and computer advancements into the manufacturing process.
Support manufacturing process in varying capacities as required. Once employee demonstrates competency in position, he/she may be required to train others in similar roles.
- High school diploma or GED required. Additional technical training or college preferred with a focus on Computer Science.
- 5+ years experience in CNC programming machining (Unigraphics or Master CAM); medical or aerospace industry experience preferred.
- Senior level CNC programmer with fluency in multi-axis CNC machining across all machining applications (turning, milling, grinding and EDM).
- Superior software skills with the ability to write computer language including but not limited to: PartMaker, Mastercam, Unigraphics, VBS, VBA, Excel, and Word.
- Advanced knowledge of post processors required.
- Working knowledge of cutting stainless steel, titanium, or cobalt chrome.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Excellent follow-up skills required.
- Ability to transfer knowledge and train others effectively.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership skills and ability to influence others.
- Skilled in dealing with all levels of staff, production through management.
- Positive approach and attitude toward work.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team oriented, continuous improvement, manufacturing environment.
- Ability to independently solve problems and make recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills.
- Solid Windows-based computer knowledge required.
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes, general production methods and industrial standards required.
- Knowledge of machine controls including but not limited to parameters.
- Networking, DNC, and RS232 knowledge
- Use of Macros (i.e. G-Code, Excel, etc.)
NN, Inc., a diversified industrial company, combines advanced engineering and production capabilities with in-depth materials science expertise to design and manufacture high-precision components and assemblies for a variety of markets globally. NN has 51 facilities in North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America and China.
NN, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Employer-paid disability and life insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance and other ancillary plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement