NN, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer (Business Excellence), to join our fast-growing Life Sciences Group! This role will be based at our new corporate headquarters located in Charlotte, North Carolina and report directly to the SVP - Integration.
The Process Engineer (Business Excellence) is responsible for Continuous Improvement and Problem solving throughout Life Sciences. They may be deployed in any Plant for the purpose of improving operations, technical problem solving, process enhancement, cost savings improvement, delivery and/or quality improvement, breakthrough process development, or Plant turnaround. The Process Engineer (Business Excellence) will work closely with the Business GM’s to create plans and activities to improve operations using Lean, Six Sigma, TPM, or other state of the art processes and will work closely with local resources. Additionally, the Process Engineer (Business Excellence) may be deployed to assist in integration activities at acquisitions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Assists in the deployment and effectiveness of the NN Operating System
- Provides leadership and guidance on operational issues or opportunities using Lean, Six Sigma, or other tools
- Provides plant or large product line management support to drive step function improvement or turnaround assistance.
- Provides technical problem solving assistance using statistical tools,
- Facilitates current and future state value stream maps to guide and prioritize improvement activities.
- Participates in Lean Maturity assessment and action item prioritization
- Facilitates implementation of Lean. Including 5s, employee communication boards, Lean scheduling, inventory reduction, tool changeover processes, work station and area layout improvements, and recommends and facilitates all NN resources to implement factory automation.
- Facilitates the implementation of Six Sigma. Including, statistical problem solving and the application of DOE, process and gauge capability improvement, implementation of SPC, facilitates inter-group skilled employees for tooling development
- Actively works with the Group/Division Level 3 Managers and Level 3 Masters to drive improvement activities in concert with Group/Plant priorities.
- BS in applied field such as Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent work experience with Technical Associates degree or Journeyman’s certification.
- Must have the ability to read/interpret AutoCAD or another software
- Must have prior machining experience/knowledge
- Minimum of five years’ experience leading Kaizen and applying Lean, Six Sigma, TPM tools
- Six Sigma Belt. Expert in Kaizen/Six Sigma/Lean/TPM
- Proven leadership experience with significant and verifiable results
- Experience in team development - problem solving, conflict resolution, building cooperative relationships, and effective communications
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills
- Must have significant experience with precision machining, GD&T, and precision metrology.
- Ability to travel up to 80%, domestically and internationally
- Lean Certification
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and schedule projects
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills are required
- Requires good organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated and require little supervision for the successful completion of projects.
- Must have excellent facilitation skills, project management skills, and drive for results.
- Ability to clearly present recommendations/ideas and to summarize complex issues
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential material
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office applications (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Expert in the use of MiniTab, or equivalent software, for statistical analysis. Ability to train others.
NN, Inc., a diversified industrial company, combines advanced engineering and production capabilities with in-depth materials science expertise to design and manufacture high-precision components and assemblies for a variety of markets globally. NN has 51 facilities in North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America and China.
NN, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Employer-paid disability and life insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance and other ancillary plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement