NN, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our fast-growing Life Sciences Group! This role will be based out of Aurora, Illinois and report directly to the Maintenance Manager.
To expediently perform any machine repairs, modifications, enhancements and Preventative Maintenance that may be required to maintain the highest operating equipment efficiency possible on production and quality equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical problems with production, quality and inspection equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings to identify parts needed to perform repair.
- Move and position equipment and ensure equipment runs properly.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and implement machine and program modifications resulting from continuous improvement ideas.
- Fabricate minor machine parts, guards and other items.
- Perform basic mechanical functions including machine repair and rebuilds.
- Understand and follow the Quality Management System (QMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be on their feet for up to 12 hours. The employee is frequently required to walk, reach with hands/arms, and use hands to finger, handle, feel and/or finely manipulate objects. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or lower, carry, push and/or pull, step, rotate head/neck or maintain a static head/neck positions, sit, bend, talk and hear. The employee must constantly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus on optical devices.
Ability to work 10-12 hour shifts. Ability to work 6 days a week periodically to meet customer demands.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- At least 1 year experience to include 6 months related maintenance/electricial work experience with a proven track record of required skills and abilities (see above)
- Ability to remain productive under indirect supervision and follow verbal and written instructions and techniques
- Basic mathematical aptitude required
- General Orientation
- Safety Orientation
- Lockout/Tagout Training
NN, Inc., a diversified industrial company, combines advanced engineering and production capabilities with in-depth materials science expertise to design and manufacture high-precision components and assemblies for a variety of markets globally. NN has 36 facilities in North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America and China.
NN, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance and other ancillary plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid vacation and holidays