ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish and enhance profitable operations of the plant by meeting productivity and financial objectives, and meeting organizations goals related to safety, quality, timely product delivery and cost.
- Lead, motivate, and develop subordinate managers to meet both annual profitability goals as well as long-term growth objectives, and promote the highest level of teamwork and employees relations with and among manufacturing personnel.
- Partner with the Level 3 Manager to design and implement continuous improvement programs in the areas of cost/productivity, quality and service to ensure the accomplishment of annual and long-term business goals and objectives in the plant.
- Utilize lean/six sigma tools and team management tools to develop and improve the skills of subordinate managers, technical associates, and plant personnel.
- Assist the Director of Operations in planning and implementing the following:
o Materials planning, optimization of capacity, machine utilization, and plant throughput maximization.
o Capital equipment planning and budgeting
o Inventory/materials management and production scheduling to support market and customer pull demand systems
- Confer with other departments and disciplines to coordinate operational activities including engineering, quality assurance, materials, and HR within the plant.
- Participate in the development of annual business plans that support the long-term strategic growth of the plant.
- Maintenance of TS registration
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or business is required.
- A minimum of 5 years broad operations management experience with an industrial products company known for its highly technical products, manufacturing capabilities and profitability. Must have manufacturing management experience, including P&L responsibility and experience with multi-year program product life cycles.
- Proven track record of success managing and improving profitable operations required.
- Experience must include automotive OEM as a first-, second-, or third-tier supplier.
- Knowledge of precision component metal manufacturing, heat treating, machining, automated assembly and testing processes preferred.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent interpersonal, managerial, and leadership skills.
- Excellent engineering knowledge, both process and mechanical, to ensure manufacturing excellence of high-precision, mission-critical metal component products.
- Understanding of and demonstrated success in the implementation of lean manufacturing, six sigma, and total productive maintenance initiatives (NN’s Level 3 program).
- Experience and ability to create and maintain a positive company culture.
- Vision and leadership necessary to inspire the organization to achieve annual and long-term goals, creating and sustaining a world-class manufacturing operation.
- Must possess exceptional analytical skills, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of manufacturing control systems as well as commonly used PC-based software such as Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent project and program management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of OSHA and related safety standards.
- Skills in budget preparation and fiscal management