NN, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to join our fast-growing team! This role will be based out of headquarters located in Charlotte, NC and report directly to the Chief Information Officer.
The Cyber Security Engineer, is responsible for ensuring that corporate assets (clients, servers, routers, applications) are hardened and secured in accordance with internal cyber security framework, industry best practices, and SOX compliance across all NN locations. Responsibilities also include managing and deploying central cyber security solutions, managing security for internal applications such as SharePoint and Office 365, hardening infrastructure devices, assessing and identifying risk posture of corporate assets.
- Identify, evaluate, and help implement technical security controls to continuously improve the organization’s security posture.
- Provide accurate and timely support of security tools, network-based security configurations, and appliances.
- Ensures that acquired or developed systems and architectures are consistent with the organization's security architecture guidelines.
- Monitor/oversee or directly tune intrusion detection, firewall, and vulnerability assessment tools.
- Research and evaluate current or emerging security technologies to support organizational information security objectives.
- Evaluate, recommend, and integrate new security technology and tools by conducting feasibility studies and proof of concepts.
- Promote awareness of security issues among management and ensure sound security principles are reflected in the organization's vision and goals.
- Work in collaboration with Corporate IT and Group IT teams, lead/participate in development of security architectures, baselines and standards for each major type of infrastructure component.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years practical experience supporting servers and computer networks
- Experience configuring Cisco routers and switches.
- Experience with Information Security standards frameworks such as ISO 2700X, NIST, ITAR, and related.
- SOX audit experience.
- Database hardening expertise.
- SD-WAN, Cisco UCS, and VM-Ware experience.
- Experience working with a global IT team preferred
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving & analytical skills, combined with sound business judgment
- Experience supporting complex operations and strategic initiatives
- Experience configuring and managing technology solutions utilized by a global enterprise a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to think strategically to improve current processes
NN, Inc., a diversified industrial company, combines advanced engineering and production capabilities with in-depth materials science expertise to design and manufacture high-precision components and assemblies for a variety of markets globally. NN has 36 facilities in North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America and China.
NN, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance and other ancillary plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement