The Plant Controller is responsible for directing the accounting functions of the plant. These functions include establishing and maintain the plant’s accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives, including compliance with corporate directives and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). Prepares financial reports and the supporting documentation required for analysis of the monthly results, and presents findings and recommendations to top management. Coordinate the preparation of the monthly financial statements. Prepare the monthly review of the Financial Statements. Assist plant management in understanding the financial results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Close monthly general ledger and prepare monthly financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flows by workday5 to include in Divisional consolidations
- Analyze month-end financial statements, including the preparation of standard schedules used in analyzing the monthly financial activity
- Prepare and explain monthly financial information for plant management
- Manage the process to maintain inventory standards. This includes managing and executing the costing process.
- Assist in weekly and monthly forecasting, and the annual budget process
- Manage the monthly general ledger journal entry process
- Manage the execution of all reconciliations required by corporate directive and SOX controls.
- Supervise compilation of month-end inventory and investigate variances found during the cycle counts process.
- Review drill downs of general ledger accounts and account reconciliation
- Assist in coordination of financial and SOX audits
- Maintain a system of internal accounting control that complies with corporate directives and SOX requirements.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of five years of direct experience in the field
- Thorough and deep understanding of US GAAP, including experience with new financial accounting standards updates
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) products
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment
- Ability and willingness to travel to domestic NN, Inc. locations, as needed
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), would be helpful
- Computer proficiency with ERP systems software
- General knowledge of medical device industry
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Team oriented approach to tasks
- Strong-quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to clearly present recommendations/ideas and to summarize complex issues
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential material
Although not required, Public Accountant certification (CPA), is helpful